“When my arms can’t reach people close to my heart, I always hug them with my prayers. May Allah’s peace be with you! A very happy Eid Mubarak to you.”
I love this quote, it not only denotes the humble and modest temperament of our souls on Eid but also makes us feel close to all our loved ones and smile.
This Ramadan we shared various stories of people who helped another for everyone to get inspired. Below are the top 5 stories we received this month.
1. Azmina Rushdy: “My daughter (9 years old) and I made cupcakes and sold on our street and collected £262 pounds for Syria.”
2. Ibrahim Olubumni Tawakalit: “I donated this provisions & cloth material to a mosque on my street to share to the muslim widows in my street & another batch of it was also taken to a muslim school on my street too because the teachers & other workers in the school aren't well paid, so I & my husband decided to help them to make the fasting easy & convenient for them. Lastly am a caterer I prepare snacks & share to the fasting children around me .May Allah accept all as an act of Ibadah and forgive us of our sins, Amin.”
3. Taslema Mohamed: “My family and I fed the homeless. We made rice and chicken and our kids handed out sodas to more than 50 individuals who ever needed a meal."
4. Zahira Mohammed:“My husband and I drove by a bank in the night to drop off a food-hamper for a woman who was in need of help. She said thank you and prefers the food-hamper instead of just money. As that’s what she collects the money for .”
5. Marian Kashem: “My husband, brother and I helped pass out iftar in the mosque. We gave everyone food and drinks. It was a get together.”
Check out our Facebook page to read all the entries: